Pucon


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Araucanía » Pucón
February 12th 2008
Published: February 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived to Pucon and went strait to the hostel of the israeli guy there - Gidon. He looks like a slick guy that will do anything for your money, but in fact he was very nice and helped us a lot. On the second day there we climbed the volcano Villarrica which was hard to do but the way down sliding on the snow in snow sleds was great and was worth the effort (not to mention the great view).
The next day we left for the Villarrica Traverse trek. With the help of Gidon we arranged a car to take us to the start of the trek along with two other israelis (total of 5 guys). On the way there the two guys (Alon and Viko) remembered they forgot to move their flight schedule and thus after a day trek they ran back to pucon to change the schedule. The trek was magnificent with the view changing every hour or two completely. First forests then desert with high volcanoes, then pampas and then falls and lakes, lagoons and great vistas.
After this trek i went with some guy from the hostel to Herueque park where there were many lagoons and a nice day trip (although they did not come close to the views in the Villarrica traverse).
The next day we went on Hydrospeed - going down rapids on buggy board. It was so fun!
Anyway after a week in pucon it is off to bariloche for me where i have a flight to catch on the 27th to meet Yael in El Calafate.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb