San Carlos de Bariloche


Advertisement
Published: February 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

What has not been said about bariloche?
It is a town built on the lake when in the horizon there are mountains covered with snow. The meat here is so good that there is no need to check anything else. The main problem remains the deserts, what do you choose the wonderful ice cream, the superb chocolate or the amazing alfajores.
I arrived here on the 18th and will be leaving on my flight on the 27th to El Calafate.
All this time i am spending in a hostel call Estacion Sur where the owner martin is a great guy. We have asado nights once every three or four days, he tells us the best places to go to and what treks are best to do.

On my first day here i met a girl that said that she wanted to go and see the Laguna Negra (black lagoon) which is part of a 5 day trek. We did only part of it which is considered a 2 day trek but it took us only one day. We woke up really early and walked all day long. It was a tough walk as the trail was not marked correctly and
ghosts in the darkghosts in the darkghosts in the dark

The beginning of the trek. Can you see the ghosts?
we did a few detours before reaching our destination. But the view was great. Lakes, mountains covered snow, hidden lagoons and pretty valleys. The night of the trek when we returned we found out that there is going to be a lunar eclipse on that night. The eclipse was magnificent.

After this trek i found that some nice people arrived to my hostel and hung with them for the next couple of days using my time for going out for day treks in the area around bariloche, and eating in restaurants and ice cream places in the town.
On one of the days we took a horseback riding tour for two hours which was very nice. As usual in these trips i got the lazy horse which did not want to move much, not to mention run after his friend horses. Never the less i enjoyed it very much.

Tomorrow i take the flight to El Calafate where i meet yael for the first time after more than a month of just speaking to her on the phone. It is going to be nice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Llag llao parkLlag llao park
Llag llao park

pronounced Jaw Jaw
Rainbow in BarilocheRainbow in Bariloche
Rainbow in Bariloche

could this mean no more rain in the trip?


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb