Day 7


Advertisement
Published: March 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hola -

Day eight brings me to today. San Pedro is amazing. A backpackers haven as they say. There are dozens of tour companies offering trips to the amazing land immediately surrounding. (There is a Volcano at the end of the main road in town, the largest salt flat in Chile 5 miles to the south, lakes that support three types of flamingos and a place called Valley de la luna - where the landscape is more lunar than of this world.

We´ve booked two tours for fomorrow. A 4am to noon tour of the highest geyser field in the world and a four hour treck through the valley of the moon - staying until just after sunset.
We have also booked our travel across the border into Bolvia. We will take a large van to the border where we will be met by 4wd cars that fit 4-6 people and will take us north first past several amazing lakes...a white lake, a green lake (due to the micro-organisms) and a red lake (due to crazy naturally occuring chemicals.) Next to the Salar de Uyani (sp) largest salt flat in the world) and drop us off in Uyani. The trip takes around 3 days and i expect to be back on-line around the 4th or 5th.

Take care

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1012.9kb