Ilha do Superagui & Paranagua


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
May 10th 2005
Published: May 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

From Foz we ventured up the coast to the small riverside town of Paranagua. From there we headed out to Ilha de Superagui - which has only around 350 inhabitants (all of them fishermen).

Action packed days arenĀ“t really what the island caters for - which made it perfect for us. Hardly any backpackers - long sandy beaches and nothing to do all day but swim , chat , play cards and enjoy the beauty of the place.

Superagui also gave me and Gina (what I think was) the most amazing experience of our trip. One morning we decided to go for a swim at the crack of dawn , with the sun shining and the sea a beautiful blue we began wading out into the ocean. About chest deep - we turned to see 3 wild dolphins swimming not six feet from us. These were not Disney World dolphins that do tricks for fish , they were completely wild. They stayed with us for about half an hour , checking us out , chasing fish around us and letting us admire them. Looking into a dolphins eyes is something neither of us is likely to forget. And luckily for us - we managed to swim with them on a couple of other mornings as well - truly magical.

Praia Deserta (the deserted beach) is the longest beach on the island - 37kms of sand and sea - and nobody there. No ice cream salesman , no dodgy video arcades - Im sure you get the idea.

And that was life for a week , chilling and swimming with dolphins. Not bad really !

After the island we headed back to the tropically decadent Parangua for few days to ease ourselves back into the normality of life !





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

STUD !! STUD !!
STUD !!

I am too sexy for my shirt !!!!!


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb