Our first few days!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
April 13th 2012
Published: May 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to our first entry, which is going to be pretty short since all we've done since we got here is eat, drink and sit on the beach!



We stayed in Casa 6 hostel in Ipanema for the first 2 nights, and on our first full day we went to Ipanema beach and chilled out for the day. THe weather is scorching, about 32 degrees during the day.(They have billboards everywhere with the temperature and the time, and guess whos picture is on all the billboards?- Ronaldo! He has hair now.)

On the beach there's all kinds of sports like football, volleyball, tennis etc. THe kids go to their soccerschool on the beach in the mornings (very cute). The soccerschool is with Flamengos, a local team. There's people playing football everywhere. On our first night we came across a group of teenagers playing keepy-uppy on a street corner. Random.



Kev and Peter have joined us since this morning, and we met Harry and Marina (the soon-to-be married couple) today aswell. We also moved into our apartment today. We will be staying here for the week. Its in the Copacabana area of Rio. Today we sat on the beach.Again.

We hope to get some sightseeing done over the next couple of days, expecially Christ the Redeemer which is huuuuuuge.



That's all for now i think, me and dave are just waiting for peter and kev to wake up so we can go partying. Rio's great for that!



Till next time,



O xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb