Leaving notes from Brazil


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
March 20th 2006
Published: March 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I´m leaving Brazil now for a trip to Argentina through the coast of Uruguay. So here are my leaving notes of my time in Brazil.

Caipirinha - excellent drink but not good for all night sessions and the sugar is too much after 5 or 6.

Bikinis - Outrageous, no need for bikinis that small especially when going topless is banned!

Budgie Smugglers - Just plain wrong!

Buses - long distance ones are fantastic. The reclining seat with extra leg rest is just what is needed in long trips. And the free water and coffee at the back with a non disgusting toilet, very well planned! If only they didn´t stop at the greasiest restaurants ever for the meal stops! Local buses are frustrating, the turnstile!!! Why make it so small and so stiff, especially a nightmare with a back pack on...

Food - best meat ever. How do the Brazilians stay so slim though? The portions are crazy!

Pharmacies - far too complex. When buying something expensive I understand the need to ask for it from behind the counter. But a bottle of water takes about 20mins to buy. First retrieve it, then go to back counter to say you want to buy it, they give you a ticket that you can take to the front counter to actually buy it!

Methods of transport so far:
Local bus
Long distance bus
Taxi
Horse
Chair Lift
Steam train
Safari truck
Car


Overall excellent time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb