Sao Paulo & Patagonia2


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo
January 29th 2006
Published: June 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

I've left Patagonia but intend to return another time. Beautful part of the planet. Would like to do more hikes on & under the glaciers. I am now in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Staying at a very cool hotel (www.hotelunique.com) .

I met the most inspiring young Swiss lady during the week. She is 95% blind ( can see siloettes against the light) and has succesfully treked her own way around South America for the past 8 months!!! She climbed a 16000 ft volcano in Ecudor, was robbed in Chilie, climbed glaciers in Argentina, paraglides & snowboards in Switerland!!, and has skydived from 12000ft in Australia (On her last jump she didnt hear her audio-altmeter and was saved by an auto-emergencey shute at 300ft!!!!!) She has overcome all fear and life is a true adventure for her. She is a qualified physiotherapist and works from time to time to keep her travels going. She too, intended to visit Antartica, but the ship refused to take her, being blind. Her travel memories consist of her feelings & experiences rather than pictures. I have encouraged her to write a book of her travels (her Mum is keeping her e-mail as a journal which may just be published one day).

On Tuesday night, I make my way to Vegas and spend some time with my friend, Diane. Plan to check out the Grand Canyon and hopefully win a million bucks too !!


God bless,

The Wonderer,

-Adrian,


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb