Stop 5: Sao Paulo (Return to the metropolis) 


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo » São Paulo
September 3rd 2010
Published: September 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We decided that as much as we both like the beach it really was time to move on and indulge in a little culture. We headed to Sao Paulo, the business centre of Brazil's booming economy. With only 2 nights here we had to fit in as much as possible during our short stay. 

We went to a local samba night in Vila Madalena, where we were staying. The night was recommended to us by Tulio our informative hostelier. He promised a fun and authentic party, which was certainly delivered. The music played by a live band was brilliant. We never knew a tambourine could be played so well (it was truly a replacement for the drums). The place was packed with locals which was a good thing but also meant that as samba novices we were out of our depth on the dance floor!

Here is a little of what else we got up to. 


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Mercado MunicipalMercado Municipal
Mercado Municipal

A foodies dream!
AcaiAcai
Acai

Ellie enjoying the very typical amazonian fruit acai at the market. It is served with banana and granola.
CathedralCathedral
Cathedral

Sao Paulo´s modern Cathedral.
Amazing CakeAmazing Cake
Amazing Cake

This was from the ´best bakery in Sao Paulo´.
Big BobBig Bob
Big Bob

Brazil´s answer to the Big Mac.


4th September 2010
Big Bob

I would like to point out that in Scottish vernacular a "bob" refers to a poo. Presumably "a big bob" could be used to mean a particularly big one...Enjoying your meal there, Steve?

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb