Tarzan and Jane in the Jungle


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Santa Catarina » Florianópolis
February 19th 2006
Published: February 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Cleaning up our apartment we found an excellent trails guide for the Floripa island. Trails were ranking from easy, semi-difficult, difficult, hard, radical. As we are both well trained ;-) we choose a semi-difficult path in the south of the island (Pântano do sul). We thought it would be a good start. After 2 hours, 3 buses and a ride (we got off the bus to early because I blindly trusted the surfers as indication for a walking trail. Don't ask me why!) we finally arrived in a small fisher village and started our trip. In theory we should reach our target 45 minutes later: a desert beach on the opposite coast line.
The trip turned out to be a little longer and harder than expected: the path was full of stones, mud and water. Trees where hanging over the path, midges loved to suck my blood (why don't they like Pedro??) and there was only space for one person to slip over the ground. And it started raining...
Somehow we crossed the top of the mountain and slipped down the other side. Exhausted, we arrived on the beach and fell to the ground. But the difficulties were worth it: the beach was a beautiful place to be at.
But we didn't want to creep back to the fisher village. And there it was: our rescue! A boat would take us back for 10 Reais a person. We had only 20 Reais so we thought: go back over the hill or skip the dinner? Laziness rules!
On the boat we made friends with 3 girls from Holland. They even payed us a drink in a cafe in the fisher village. They would have paid us everything but we were too shy to beg for some real food.
All of us agreed that the next time we wouldn't do a :-P tour (:-P stands for semi-difficult in the guide) but a :-) tour (easy tour)!!!


Advertisement



26th February 2006

Birthday
Hey Babs, happy birthday! I tried to call you all day, but the number doesn't work, it seems that they changed the area code. I can't find any information about it on the internet. Anyway, you should go to carnival in Rio these days!!! Must be great to spend ones birthday! 1000 beijos! Marie

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb