Background: Following three centuries under the rule of Portugal, Brazil became an independent nation in 1822. By far the largest and most populous country in South America, Brazil overcame more than half a century of military intervention in the governance of the country when in 1985 the military regime peacefully ceded power to civilian rulers. Brazil continues to pursue industrial and agricultural growth and development of its interior. Exploiting vast natural resources and a large labor pool, it is today South America's leading economic power and a regional leader. Highly unequal income distribution remains a pressing problem.
Photos from Santa Catarina
Blogs from Santa Catarina
Latest Blogs from Santa Catarina
- November 23rd 2013 Florianopolis
by Words: 1159 Photos: 3
- January 4th 2013 35 diena. Nauji metai.
by Words: 243 Photos: 1
- January 4th 2013 36 diena. Hipių paplūdimys
by Words: 255 Photos: 1
- January 4th 2013 37 diena. 20 valandų autobuse
by Words: 175 Photos: 1
- December 31st 2012 34 diena. Labas rytas Florianopolis.
by Words: 320 Photos: 1
- December 8th 2012 Uma despedida final...
by Words: 746 Photos: 17
- November 27th 2012 Honeymoon day 14: Florianopolis
by Words: 2332 Photos: 0
- November 25th 2012 Das Ende naht...
by Words: 1795 Photos: 44
- October 20th 2012 Essen und Trinken
by Words: 1471 Photos: 20
- October 8th 2012 Florianopolis and the Island of Santa Catarina
by Words: 689 Photos: 10
- September 25th 2012 Serra Catarinense
by Words: 1579 Photos: 38
- August 13th 2012 Ilha da Magica
by Words: 794 Photos: 21
- July 31st 2012 Juhu, Besuch ist da!
by Words: 884 Photos: 14
- July 17th 2012 Angekommen!
by Words: 723 Photos: 9
- June 8th 2012 Unsere Reise durch Südbrasilien-Station 2
by Words: 203 Photos: 5
- June 5th 2012 Body Surfing at Florianopolis
by Words: 566 Photos: 11
- May 23rd 2012 'You look so cute when you sleep, we watched you!'
by Words: 654 Photos: 0
- May 8th 2012 Post 2: Buenos Aires (Argentina) on to Florianapolis (Brazil) then Sao Paulo (Brazil) - April 24th to May 4th
by Words: 971 Photos: 27
- April 24th 2012 Sao Paulo and Santa Catarina
by Words: 702 Photos: 0
- April 13th 2012 A Day or Two at the Seaside...
by Words: 852 Photos: 6