Centro


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Santa Catarina » Florianópolis
February 17th 2007
Published: February 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today started out really sunny so Craig, Robin, Kyrsten and I headed to Praia Mole, then to Praia Galhetta (nat), and ended up hanging out at Praia da Barra where kyrsten found all sorts of cheap shopping.

After that we headed back to the house and went into Centro (big city part of the island) with sky scrapers and everything to watch their carnival celebration. Everyone but Marcio piled into the car and he was going to follow on the bike.

We were supposed to meet Marcio at the big tree in the center of Centro, but he never showed. We had a brazilian meat and veggy bbq sanwichie, very good, and headed over to one of the free concerts. It was a lot of fun somba dancing all night and we felt very safe with the federalies in bullet-proof jackets keeping the party in check.

I guess the main carnival celebration was 3 blocks away (parade type with all the dancing people and floats) but we didn~t know. Marcio had motorcylce problems, so he went back to the house and watched the centro parade on tv.

We got home late again and watched the parade.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb