Peidei!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Santa Catarina » Florianópolis
December 16th 2006
Published: December 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ola everyone! Yesterday was Payday!!! You will be pleased to hear that "peidei", you pronounce it exactly like payday, means "I farted!!!" in protugese! Hillarious! And that is all we did to receive our final salary for 2006 AND 2007!!! Yey! No rent no bills, only fun to be had with the money.

We finally flew Ruama´s nest to move towards Buenos Aires. To cut the journey of hours and hours we stopped sort of on the way to enjoy some waves. By cutting the journey, what we actually did was swap a 23 hour journey by bus to Iguacu, for an 18 hour (which turned out to be 19.5 hours) and a 15 hour journey to Iguacu THEN another 20 or so to Buenos Aires. On a map it is a cut OK, but in time it clearly is not. Still , tomorrow we start our surfing lessons on the beach of Barra da Lagoa on Ilha de Santa Catarina (Florianopolis), beat that!

PS. We have both survived a cold, and Andy had a bout of food poisoning of the highest caliber (death was near 😊 ), hence our late departure from Rio (all of which we have FULLY recovered from mums) . That and we like Ruama's company so much we had to make something up to stay!!!!!

PICTURES WILL FOLLOW - not of illness but of island and 2 newbie surfers (probably looking rubbish)

Advertisement



16th December 2006

extending your stay
ahhh, I knew it was all part of a master plan!! and I LIKE IT!! you know my list could keep going for you guys not to go!!! ;) missing you!

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb