rio de janeiro, brazil: copa.... copacabana


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro
April 24th 2006
Published: April 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

three songs were stuck in my head the whole time we were there:
copa.... copacabana
the girl from ipanema
her name is rio and dances on the sand...

i know, pretty typical. but you can't help think of them when you're on the beach.

rio was a beautiful city. amazing beaches, breathtaking natural backdrop of mountains and greenery, and gorgeous people. i swear, 80%!o(MISSING)f the people there have sculpted bodies.

one thing we couldn't get past was how every guy wears speedos. i kept trying to look away whenever an old dude would walk by, all greased up, and wearing an outfit tinier than most women in america would wear. i guess what made up for it, though, was that almost every woman was wearing a g-string. woohoo! i guess teresa and i both enjoyed the 'sights' of rio.

we took in some breathtaking views from the top of sugarloaf mountain and the christ the redeemer statue. both great experiences...

although rio was a pretty touristy destination, it was still a very enjoyable experience. the people were very warm and friendly. we spent hours talking to one guy, teaching him the meaning of english words he learned from rap songs. he asked us, "ehhh, wat does 'biotchhhh' mean?" LOL.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb