House parties


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro
July 22nd 2007
Published: July 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ok, I am almost caught up. Needless to say, we didnt do a lot on saturday since we went to bed so late. In fact, by the time we got to the beach, there was no more sun. There was, however, a little airplane (one of the flying banner ads) that crashed into the water and washed up on the beach. The pilot was rescued by some surfers, aparently, and is ok. Brazil isnt having their greatest avaiation week ever.

One of Rodrigo's coworkers was having a little houseparty where they made a brazilian seafood dish. Everyeone there was so welcoming to me and this guy Mike (from North Carolina) and they all speak English, which isnt great for practicing Portuguese but does allow you to get to know people better. I taught one of his friends, who was very drunk, how to ginga, but I ddnt want her to get hurt so I didnt teach her any other tricks. We have plans to meet on the beach today though... maybe...

Then, we went to a party that was organized for people traveling in Rio, with a bunch of Brazilians and also backpackers. I met a guy who played capoeira and of course, as soon as you start doing that, people start popping up all around who play. So I got to meet and talk to some people who only spoke portuguese, finally, which was cool.

THEN, and seriously, only one more party that night... we went to a nightclub in cinelandia (a neighborhood in downtown) which was playing "Funky/Black" music... thats what they call it! 'It was like 2 am when we got there and there was a long line to get in, but it didnt matter because they sell drinks when you are in line and you can hear the music out the window. Once we got up there, it was pretty fun dancing, although i am not really sure if it was funk music or what.... but we took off "early" at 4 so we could get a better start today... I woke up at 10 and took a walk to the little beach and ,,,, i forgot what you call it... boat place... anyhow, I looked at the boats, and the weather is gorgeous, and then I wrote a billion hours of blogs! Tonight the plan is to go to Casa Rosa, which used to be Casa Vermelha (Red house, ie brothel) but now serves feijoada, the brazilian meaty stew specialty and plays samba music. yay jumping from foot to foot!

Advertisement



22nd July 2007

Glad you're having fun!!!
Hey girl, Sounds like you're having an awesome time. Just stay off of airplanes for a while and I'll see you when you get back to Tucson. I can't wait to see pictures!!! Later

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb