Rio de Janeiro


Advertisement
Published: April 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So flew for ages! Thats why there has been a lack of contact. Watched some epic films, new sherlock holmes, mission impossible, pirates of the carib and the rock!! So got no sleep then had 12 hour wait in santiago, played cards and whooped em!

So rio is rainy........ Think we have come during a storm, our first few hours we went for a wonder got soaked, ems card wouldnt work and our hostel isnt great! Am sleeping on the third level of the bunkbed with lockers under the bed so is pretty high! And everyone is so loud, not going out loud, but weird skeeping patterns loud, and woke up to someone blastig celine deon! So not the best welcome.

Got up and went searching for a sim for my phone, and not knowing any portuguese madr that highly impossible. One said how much you wanna pay, i said 30 she said no 10, so that confused me

Then got a crazy bus ride to christ the redeemer, seriously needed rollercoaster buckles to stay in place, then got a steep train to the top and couldnt see ANYTHING coz of the clouds so that sucked. So beat em at cards then ate to pass time and it had cleared up a bit, was pretty impressive! Couldnt see the view very well tho.Now going out for food and drinks in lapa with a girl from australia an canada.

So ended up going to some back alley party/gathering which was pretty coo, was with 9 girls (no english guys in hostel for some reason) so felt like a pimp. Just like 300 people gathered round a couple of people playing bongoes! And then some stalls with beer and huge sausages which were pretty nice. But kinda a bit awkward coz we were the only non brazilian people there, stuck out like a saw thumb. Also managed to make it lesbianically awkward between emily and one of the girls coz emily made a lesbian joke then i confusedthe other girl that em was lesbian and it got awkward! Haha dont know how that happened. Then wandered to lapa and had a few more drinks.

Got up and the weather was nice! So did beach! Waves were huge and our spot majorly got taken out by the waves which was hilarious, managed to save the important stuff but ema diary got mullered.

Then had a poor lunch in a place where they were showing the chelsea match. Happiest moment evar!!!! Absolutely loved it. Then had some bolognaise that we had left from the other night, and went to a night with the girls again in a place called melt, which had two hours of unlimited booze then you have a tab card each which wa dangerous! Ha brazilian band with percussion singing and samba then upstairs minimal so that was cool! All the girls were trying to wingman me to make some guy friends haha

Mega hungover and just organising travelling up north ti salavador chasing the sun and going to islands that are similar to thai islands!

Rio is incredible! Did sugar loaf viewpoint and is my favourite ever viewpoint looked likr a fantasy world with laked beaches buildings and forest was an amazong view, and did it at sunset!Doing lapa steps and stuff tomoz then flyong up to salavador.Love heccy

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb