The day after the night before


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro
February 15th 2010
Published: February 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well after going to bed around six o'clock in the morning it was fair to say the whole morning was a write off. By the time we finally decided to get out of bed it was already 1pm, so therefore this didnt leave us much time to do anything productive in the afternoon.

I decided that we could go to the part of town called Botafogo, here they had a couple of shopping malls and i was looking for an external hard drive to load our photos on before we run out of space on the memory cards.

We got the met to take the 6 or 7 stops to the other side of town. We got our best views of the sugar loaf and christ the redeemer statues here as they are more in this part of town. We even saw the pleasant looking beach in Botafogo. However it was slightly disconcerning about the lack of tourists. The fact is was just locals made us stand out even more.

It was only after we found the shopping centre that we actually twigged it was a national holiday and therefore 95% of the shops were shut. It however was not a totally wasted journey as i did see a external hard drive and therefore when we return back tp this district later on in the week i can get the hard drive then.

After the cheapest shopping trip with Fi ever, we decided to go to an internet cafe to look for our accomadation for the next four nights. It was easy finding accomadation for later in the week however we were struggling finding a hostel for the next two nights as they were still full up as a result of the carnival crowd. After banging our heads together we decided we would try a last minute website to see if we could get a hotel in the beach front.

We saw a hotel called the Oceano Copacabana which was a stones throw away from the beach and it even had its own roof top pool. What was amazing was that it even worked out cheaper to stay at this 4 star hotel than most of the hostels were charging. We were not complaining, so we had booked the hotel for the next two nights accomadation.

After our semi-productive trip to Botafogo was over we headed back to Santa Terasa. With it being dinner time we stopped at a popular restaurant, we had our Nando's type meal of cooked chicken on the grill. Well it could of been chicken but we thought it tasted more like turkey.

After eating we went back to the hotel to catch up on the lost hours of sleep from the night before. We were due to check out in the morning so we also had to pack our bags. We were both excited for our romantic stay in the Oceano Copacbana beach front hotel. A late valentines day present to each other.

Advertisement



23rd February 2010

Ahhhh
... I love you two to bits ... half way round the world, goodness knows what going on in the last four weeks, how much sleep have you lost in the last few days? ... and you still remember to see booking into a four-star hotel as a late Valentine to each other. Ahhhh. <3 So glad to have read about so many fun times recently. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb