THE BEGINNING!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Lapa
February 14th 2010
Published: February 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Welcome all!
We´re currently in our first week of travelling and hostelling in rio de janerio!
We arrived on tuesday after a long long flight with smelly people and food and sophie with a sick bag. After arriving at the airport we were greeted by a massive thunder storm, lighting rain and all that shabang. Arriving at the hostel was pretty sketchy, samba music was blasting but there was some rather perculiar people hanging around and we had no idea what was going on! The hostels the shittest place for organisation as me and soph ended up top and tailing in a very tiny bunk bed for the first night and everyones had some crappy problem! But..the people are amazing, the people at the hostel are great and the locals too arnt bad! apart from strange homeless people and perverts.. The last 4 days have been a bit of a whirl with carnival starting and realising the fact we´re in Rio! The citys mad busy and everyones either dancing singing and generally paaartying! Been doing the usual tourist stuff, went to see our Jesus t´other day, and to copacabana. Last night had 60000 people out in the square in front of the hostel and theres always some mad street party going on, lots of live music and samba! We´ll get some pictures up soon and keep this updated with our goings on. Rio is funnnnnn!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 127, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



14th February 2010

Ooo im jealous , glad its perked up after a sketchy start!! Im impressed you've been site-seeing not just partying haha, looking forward to seeing some photos! Take care girles, love youuuu xxxxxxxxxx p.s Happy Valentines day!
15th February 2010

:)
Glad your having lots of fun girlies, make sure you stay safe in these big festivals! jealous that your having lots of fun in rio this week whilst im working hard! keep having fun xxxxxxx
15th February 2010

It is fun isn't it ! Good to see you've settled in straight away, all you gotta do now is suss out how to put some piccies up.
16th February 2010

lets have another blog up date girls
23rd February 2010

helloooo
hello you two, you need to put some more news on , take care love aunty carol xxxx

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0998s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb