20 hours and a fat man!!!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Ipanema
October 8th 2006
Published: October 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Tendo o Grando!!



Well, after a rather strenuous 20hours of flights, departure lounges, take-offs and landings, we finally arrived in Rio!!

Day 1: Spent the first day chilling, eating and drinking the local beers (which are pretty damned good!!!)

Day 2: Booked ourselves on a city tour, which took us to the national park which covers vast swathes of Rio. Trekked to a waterfall, and up to a bat cave, dissapointingly, no bats to see!!! From there, we wemt on to Maracena Stadium, home to some brazil games. See photos. Dressed up in some carnival outsfits to make pratts of ourselves, before dinner in a local resteraunt in Santa Theresa, which is an old calonial village. Most spectacular part of the day, was the view from the top of Christ the Redeemer. The iconic statue at the top of a mountain overlooking Rio. Fantastic...

Day 3: Interesting day. Had a bit of an esapade trying to get to arrange, and get to a bus to a place called Parati. Missed the bus due to massive local traffic problems... rocks on a bridge or something!!! Had to spend another day in Rio, so went out on the town, to a place called Lappa. Basically was a street party in a not too safe part of Rio, but was still cool!

Day 4: Got outta Rio! Headed to Isla Grande on a bus (3 hours), and boat (2 hours). Will update in next blog entry, once we leave the Island... Music Electronica párty tonight!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

View from Christ RedeemerView from Christ Redeemer
View from Christ Redeemer

Bit Cloudy, but we were lucky to see anything! Previous day was really bad!!


18th October 2006

Well done
Hey Leon and Karen. Looks like you're enjoying yourselves. but its only the beginning. Hope you have loads of fun. Take care and look after yourselves.

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0854s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb