Day 7


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Botafogo
February 28th 2009
Published: March 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 7

So the day started off very early from the night before, Craig and a few others went home and me, Jen, Kerri-Ann and Taryn went to lapa, a place where loads of people hang out, drink, dance, eat and take copious amounts of drugs. We walked up the hill to the outside of a club, bought some beer and started chatting to some locals. they were from a favala, seriously dodgy geezers! So we decided to head home t about 7:30am, it was light. These guys wanted pictures so we took some photos and jumped into a taxi. I grabbed the camera from the from my pocket and gave it back to Taryn and she went thats not my camera, its those guys from the favela, i had only stolen a camera from them! I thought that they were asking for my email address so we could send them photos! Hopefully he'll email and i can give it him back!

After a few hours sleeping we headed off to Christ the Redeemer. Our guy from the hostel gave us a lift, he's a legend with long dreadlocks and is always stoned. We sat in the car and he put some tunes on, reggae stuff. When we got to the top the views were unbelievable, it was a little hazy but great. You don't realise how special the thing is until you get up there and appreciate the work that went in to it.

So when we got home we showered and went out for pizza. The place was all you can eat pizza, the waiters come round and offer different pizza's. What made the place special was pudding. They serve pizza with chocolate sauce, strawberries, banana, m&m's, coconuts. It was crazy but so nice!!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



5th March 2009

better
hey m8y! this site is a lot better! them pics from day 7 look amazing! sounds like your loving rio! speak soon, hepworths

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb