Shutter Island (Ihla Grande)


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Ilha Grande
July 28th 2010
Published: June 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Paraty to Ihla Grande

By bus and boat

Ihla Grande, Brazil. This small island is just southwest of Rio. Unlike Rio though, the island of Ihla Grande doesn't have any cars, banks, or all the other things associated with normal life. Instead, Ihla Grande offers amazing white sand secluded beaches and lush forests. Along with Kayce and I, our two British friends Andrew and Charlie and two Danish friends Cathrine and Pernille joined us for the trip. Our lodging is usually not worth mentioning, but this experienc is worth noting. Our "studio" had six beds, our own bathroom, dining room and kitchen. On top of the room, the owner delightful owner, George, coooked the best dinners we had eaten all trip. For a small fee we had smorgasboard dinners and free breakfasts (with fresh baked cakes!). We all wanted to stay and live here! We made the most out of our three days on the island by hiking in the monkey infested jungles, relaxing on the beaches and boating around the island. I very much look forward to a visit with George in sometime in the future.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Bon apetitBon apetit
Bon apetit

Another phenomenal dinner at George's


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb