Buzios - dreamy town


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Búzios
September 23rd 2006
Published: October 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

so Penny got back onto that Catamaran. Proud too cos I (Penny) beat some grown men. They filled sack fulls but I only vomited a tiny bit and overboard this time! From Salvador we took a 2hr flight with OceanAir to Rio. We both scared of these little toy planes so I sure the journey has added afew more white hairs - but overal the journey werent too bad - the lack of security on the plane didnt help either - the cock pit door was open the whole flight!

We booked a room at a Hostel for the night in Rio, Casa 6 - which was just what we needed to get a good night rest for a cheap price, and then we got the bus to Buzios. It was 3 hours and not a bad journey. A nice argentinan man was at the bus station waiting for tourists but this time we were strong and werent dragged by the first person to harrass us. We took time out - and then went with him ; 0

but we did love his hotel - Saint Moritz. It´s over four floors though so our legs killed us!

He looks and acts like Marlon Brando. Really helpful - such a character.

Maz and I have days where we take it in turns to plan the day. On Mazs day he decided for us to take out mountain bikes but marlon brando said to get a buggy instead due to financial savings so we did as we were told..... hmmm. Death trap more like. It kept backfiringand I could hear dad screaming at me for being in it so we returned it asap.

Theres this little shack near our hotel on the port which serves up fresh fish so we sat there and ate the nicest fish. I think mine was a piranah cos of its spikey teeth. Maz ate 6 oysters too but was a bit disapppointed with the size of them... then I saw this black thing swimming about but I didnt want to make a scene just incase. So I told Maz that I seen this black thing with wings in the water and again he just looked at me but then we saw it... it was a little penguin splashing about. The kids who were in the port got so excited so picture the scene... all the 5 year olds and me and maz jumping around excited! we got some funny looks from the oldies BUT i didnt care. I was ready to jump in and play with it.

The shops here are lovely. Its a very romantic and sleepy place though, although you could imagine it buzzing in the high season. The weather werent great when we were there though so we couldnt really go beach. We did play crazy golf though one day and the man went and got us beers so we got drunk playing which was cool. Recommended restaurant is O Branco. The rice and squid is lovely! For desert we went to Chef Michou and had a crepe with banana, chocolate and ice-cream which made both our bellies go funny - although it was wicked! so we ran back arguing who was gonna ´go´first, passing all the romantics holding hands looking at the stars or out to sea!

anyway - back to Rio to get to our next destination. xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb