Buzios, Brazil


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Búzios
September 16th 2008
Published: October 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Buzios, Brazil

Sept. 12 -15

Our trip to Buzios started out badly with a 7 hour bus trip from Rio that should have been 2.5 hours. This bus stopped at the airport and waited for several, late as usual, international flights. Not what we planned on as we should have had ½ a day at the beach and not in a bus. We should have been there for lunch and made it in time for dinner.

Buzios is a very busy beach area on the far eastern coast of Brazil about a 2 ½ - 3 hour hour drive from Rio de Janeiro. We stayed at a wonderful, small, hotel called Casa Brancas, ( white houses ) on the water, in the town of Buzios. This area has small beaches in every little cove along the coast. This is a place you could come just to hang out for a week or so and tour up and down the coast by boat or car.

The weather didn’t cooperate fully as we had some good weather and a bit of rain. Our first full day here we took a schooner trip along the coast with stops at a few of the beaches and on to pass by some interesting islands near Buzios and Cabo Frio. Lunch at another local beach and a short boat trip back to home base. This was a good day and we had some sunshine.

Sunday was a very quiet day hanging around town checking out the shops that were open ( some close for Sunday ) and lounging at the hotel. Weather was mixed, to say the least. But all in all a nice relaxing day.

On Monday we took an afternoon trip back to Rio de Janeiro city, through the very nice farm and ranch country, for one night in Rio and a nice dinner at a local BBQ place. That’s the big thing here BBQ, BBQ, BBQ, fish, seafood and very good beef. Not too hard to take. The traditional Brazilian BBQ is too much meat ( of all kinds ) and a little bit of salads.

From Rio we get our early morning connection and 3 hour flight to Fortaleza, Brazil in the north very near the equator. Should be very hot and sunny there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb