Welcome to the dark abyss...


Advertisement
Published: June 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It is cold. Extremely cold. We have colds. All of our school friends have colds. People are carrying their dogs around in blankets so they don't freeze to death. We have risked burning the house down by putting our blankets on a space heater because we are so cold. It is a constant state of mind. Once the cold draws you in you can't escape. It is like living in a dream...only your dream is a nightmare. A cold, cold nightmare from which you will never escape. A nightmare from which wearing two pairs of socks will not save you. A nightmare in which three comfortors and countless cups of coffee are not enough. A nightmare where it is so cold that even though the window is wide open and causing you to freeze to death, you start laughing hysterically at the thought of getting up to open it and then your innocent friend is forced out of bed from the other side of the room which just happens to be farther away from the window to close it, while you sit there like a madwoman in your bundle of nice cold blankets and turban of blue jeans fresh out of the dryer (sp?). The only difference between this and a dream is that it is real life, and we are living it. No heating systems, no seatwarmers (unless you count putting a towel on the radiator and then sitting on it) and definitely no tissues. If hell was on earth it would be Brazil in the wintertime.

So, tell us about yourselves? Are you doing well? Is it nice and toasty in the good old US of A? How does that feel? Does it feel nice to go to bed every night, well assured that you will wake up the next morning with feeling in your toes? What's that like? I seem to have forgotten.

No amount of cafe com leite will revive my soul from this cold despair. Hours of tomando um banho will not encourage my blood to flow to my limbs as banhos did in my home land. Nao fala comigo sobre humidity, garota. I will kill you. VOU A MATAR!
AHKJHADKAHDKJADHJAKSLASYUWBSAJKBNCXLKA
SYEGWUILQEHAKLJDKJAXBAJKLBGAKWHERLKJANDSAKBDLIUAWILW
QIAHLDSJKLAJGDUIADHAJKBNJALBRBSJKÇBDASÇKJFJKÇ
SAHFAKHFKÇJHBFKJ^SÇFHSHFKJSANÇFAKLH
FÇYAHFIOWHEFSHBDGIUFPYHOIWJFKLHSDFIYOIÇWJWOIF
hulfIYWUIRWGHUKGILFGWUIL

jota kah...it's not that bad...
Sweet dreams

Lilly and Sara


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



27th June 2007

The weather up here
It was 90 today.
3rd July 2007

Cold
Do you have any warm clothes? All the photos show you in little sleeveless t shirts! Maybe you'll have to come out to southern CA to warm up when you return. Triple digits in the desert today. 70's as usual in San Diego. Have fun. Less

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb