Resting up in Natal


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio Grande do Norte » Natal
February 25th 2008
Published: February 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

And relax!

That's exactly what we've been doing. It's hot, hot, hot and the beaches of Natal are wonderful. We found a fantastic loft apartment for just 60 reais per night at Pousada Coco Verde and by the time we leave, we will have spent almost a week making the most of the sun, sand and sea (well, the ocean really)!

We have been out and about too. One of the things you can't fail to do is a beach buggy ride. We spent a whole day with a Uruguayan couple and our guide exploring the beaches to the North of Natal. It was an amazing experience and we did a bit of dune bashing, sunbathing, swimming, and Russ even got to slide down a zip-line into a lake.

To the South of Natal is Pirangi. It's only about 15 minutes on a local bus and easy to get to. The main reason to go is to see the world's biggest cashew tree. It's huge, really huge! Look at the picture. It really is only one tree, despite looking like a small woodland area. The beaches there were pretty good too.

So, that's all we've got to report. We've
Crashing WavesCrashing WavesCrashing Waves

Many of the beaches are protected by rocky reefs. The waves crash onto them instead of you!
been too relaxed to do much else!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Strange StatueStrange Statue
Strange Statue

There wasn't really much to see in the city of Natal, but who cares when the beaches are so good!
FishFish
Fish

Some people were complaining that the fish were biting but they seemed to be keeping well away from Russ' feet!
Beach BuggiesBeach Buggies
Beach Buggies

There were loads of them
Zip LiningZip Lining
Zip Lining

It really is Russ on there
Rabbit CheeseRabbit Cheese
Rabbit Cheese

Go on then, how do you make Rabbit cheese?!!!
Speedy TortoiseSpeedy Tortoise
Speedy Tortoise

Ronnie, have you been beefing Relampago up too much?!


25th February 2008

pobrecito
In defense of turtles... They don't like to be suspended like that. I consider this turle abuse! And furthermore, they can be surprisingly fast. They may sit in one place for an hour, but just leave the room for 20 seconds... When you return you'll be confronted with the case of the missing turtles. Where did they go? So, let's give turtles a little respect!
20th April 2008

Rabbit Cheese
The menu you saw Rabbit Cheese was probably written by a foreign retaurant owner who confused the word CoAlho (processed milk) with CoEilho (Rabbit).

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb