Iguazu Falls from the Brazilian side


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Paraná » Iguaçu Falls
July 17th 2016
Published: July 17th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We arrived this morning in Puerto Iguazu after 19 hours of bus travel, and after showering, changing and organising our day bags decided to heat to the Brazilian side of the Iguazu falls. There are numerous ways to get there, you can choose to go by your car, tourist bus, or a local bus. We purchased tickets with the Rio Uruguay company which were 80Arg pesos return each, less than $10- Australian. Beware have pesos, you can't pay for a lot of things with a credit card.

So a quick lunch of a savoury flan of half and half spinach and pumpkin, a coffee and we were off on the 12-30pm bus. This takes about 30 minutes to get to the falls main area, you go through a customs area, you all get off and on the bus after getting your passport looked at and stamped. The River is the actual border, Argentinian flag colours one half, Brazilian on the other.

The main area for ticketing is well organised with huge queues but they move constantly. Many eating area, ATMs, bathrooms. Various prices to get in depending if you are a foreigner, Argentinian or local. For a foreigner the cost was 56Rials. You can pay for this by credit card. From the main ticketing area you take a bus for a 15 minute ride to the actual falls. These are double decker and today was one of the coldest days here, and the top was freezing. Like ski jacket, jumpers, shirt, t shirt, scarf weather.

If you get off at the stop right opposite the pink hotel which is called Hotel Catarata, you will see your first view of the falls. From the Brazilian side you get the full panoramic look, the actual falls are in Argentina and that side involves walking in and around and you can get a boat under them as well.

A very well laid out path takes you along the views of the falls from many different angles. Some steps but all concrete, clean, immaculately looks after by people picking up rubbish etc. Hint take a rain coat, there is a constant fine mist and in some places you get a drenching. The Devils Throat, is one of those places with walkways over the water.

We spent around 3 hours there today which is ample time to take it all in. Lots of little animals scurrying around looking like a cross between a raccoon and a possum.

Tomorrow we do the Argentinian side of the falls, you have to do both to get the full persceptive of the grandeur that this is! Truly one of natures real wonders.


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb