The journey north


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
July 17th 2016
Published: July 17th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We left the house in La Plata on Saturday by taxi to the long distance bus terminal. This is the first day of school holidays and the queues were long. We had to take the bus to Buenos Aires to catch our bus to Puerto Iguazu. Retiro is the long distance bus terminal of Buenos Aires, again massive crowds, huge amount of buses. Most people travel by bus in this country, internal flights are expensive, train travel virtually non existent and many do not own a car.

So the bus left at 1-30pm and we were travelling semi cama class. Cama class is full lie down seats, meal and wine service with airline first class seat room. Semi cama was seats that were closer together, and a cold styrofoam tray of food. They did recline almost fully so I slept most of the night.

This was not an express bus, we did a lot of stopping here and there, arrival was 9-30am Sunday morning, none the worse for wear but needing real toilet, a shower and change of clothes.

We have a private room in the Park Hostel with an ensuite, great little shower, pleasant surroundings.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb