Brazil


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Paraná » Foz do Iguaçu
February 6th 2013
Published: February 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Now we have started our Brazilian adventure.

We arrived late in Rio de Janiero after an 11 hour flight on Saturday, and the next day just sat on the beach to recharge. We really didn't appreciate how strong the sun was, and we both got a little bit of sunburn. On Monday we were flying to Iguassa in the evening, so spent the day on a bus ride in Rio. Hadn´t planned to spend 2 hours on a bus ride, but we missed our intended bus stop at a large shopping mall to while away some time in an air conditioned environment, which we didn't realize was only about 3 stops from where we got on, so we stayed on the bus and got off on the way back! The bus system is really good, loads of them, and just one price on a route about one pound each. But they drive like maniacs!

We flew from Rio to Sao Paulo, then Sao Paulo to Foz do Iguaça and another late night arrival. The next day , Tuesday, we took a local bus, again only about one pound each to the Falls. The Iguassa Falls are bordered by Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay. We were on the on the Brazilian side. The Falls are truly stunning, it was well worth the effort to get here. Derek just loves this climate – “too hot for me”!

On Wednesday we walked around a local park, which had lots of birds and monkeys. And some crocodiles – safely (?) fenced off. It was a lovely tropical shaded walk, it is too hot not to stay under shade.

Today, Thursday, we fly back to Rio (three flights unfortunately) to enjoy the Carnivals!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

LizardLizard
Lizard

Sunning himself - bigger than the gecko´s we're use to
Cotia - inquisitive little crittersCotia - inquisitive little critters
Cotia - inquisitive little critters

Lots of families of these small mammels in the rain forest surrounding the falls.
Enjoying the falls from BrazilEnjoying the falls from Brazil
Enjoying the falls from Brazil

The Iguassa (many different spellings) falls form the border along the Rio Parana. The falls can be viewed from Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay - all on the same day!


Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb