Valentines Day (TS)


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Paraná » Foz do Iguaçu
February 16th 2006
Published: March 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

val2val2val2

Us at the Brazilian side of the Falls
For Valentines Day we decided to treat ourselves to a night in the beautiful colonial hotel in the Falls National Park (Brazilian side). After a few nights of camping we were looking forward to actually feeling clean again; not to speak of the TV (complete with CNN and FOX) and a hairdryer!

After checking in as early as as they would let us we went to the bar and sampled a few cocktails before a quick dip and a game of volleyball in the pool. The hotel was mainly full of rich americans. (Many of whom Noel noticed had younger looking faces and breasts than the rest of their bodies.) We also saw an English couple easily in their 80s; the old boy was snorkelling in the pool (bless him) and his wife sporting a string of pearls was quietly trying to get his attention from the edge of the pool because his gin and tonic had arrived. English gentry at their best!

In the evening we watched a film on TV and ordered room service - Pasta and Pesto. This arrived first as pasta on its own, then pasta with cheese, before we finally managed to communicate clearly
val1val1val1

View of the Falls from our breakfast table
Pasta with Pesto! We found that using an American accent was the key!

We really enjoyed our luxurious night in the hotel, although being thoroughly clean, able to shave/use a hairdryer and watching the news and a film on TV did make us miss these luxuriues and made us a little bit homesick for everything, including family and friends that we miss.

The next morning after checking out we walked around some of the fall trails before leaving the National park to get a bus to Curitiba. Before we got our bus we stumbled upon a wonderful Lebanese kebab shop that did hummus and Falafel. Yum Yum. The night bus to Curitiba was our first experience of a Leito - a luxury bus with massive soft reclining seats. They also give you free sugary snacks and a blanket. We even managed to get some sleep!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

val3val3
val3

Our hotel
val4val4
val4

Leito to Curitiba - Comfy seats, sugary snacks and chairs that nearly swallow Tasmin


Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 14; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb