Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Paraná » Foz do Iguaçu
March 23rd 2009
Published: March 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Onto Iguazu then, another very long bus journey (18 hours) and we arrived on Paddy's day ( that night spent in the most un-irish Irish Bar we´ve ever been to and we were the only Irish there, great fun!!!!). This time wide awake and rearing to go - cheers for the sleping tablets dad, they worked a treat. This is on the border of Brasil & Argentina & Paraguy. The main attraction being the Falls themselves. We went to see them from the Brasilian side the first day and then from the Argentian side the next day. Brasilian side was good, you get to see them from a distance and can see more of an overview. The Argentian side is much much much better though, you get much closer. We walked a bit, took a boat ride (free shower 3 times...they brought us right up under some of the falls...mad) and ended up in a jeep in the forest. All I can say is Amazing!!! There is a particular spot to view the largest of the falls and it was just breathtaking. The last day there we went to see the Itaipu Dam, largest in the world and pretty impressive sight. Puts Turlock Hill to shame :-). People had told us see the falls and then get the hell out and we couldn´t agree more. Anyways we had to hit Buenos Aires in time for the BIG MATCH!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb