Water way for Brazil to redeem itself!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Paraná » Foz do Iguaçu
September 18th 2005
Published: September 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

After our 20 hours unsuccsessful journey whale watching we have now travelled 16 hours into the middle of Brazil, next to the borders with Paraguay and Argentina to see the massive water falls.
We arrived at 8am got a couple of buses to our ´hotel´, looked a bit seedy with the tramps lying next door but had been recommended by the lonely planet guide, had our breakfast (and made our lunch as usual) the room was fine, minus the paint peeling.

We went straight out and onto a bus to go to the brazilian side of the falls.

Got to the falls and went to pay. If you live in Brazil or Argentina or are disabled you get in mega cheap or free!!!! If you are english or forgein you pay top whack! (5 quid each!)

At first impressions of the falls Andy was not too impressed. But moving around the national park we saw the main water falls. WOW! they are massive!!!! Because it has been raining so much (and it has!!) they had flooded and were even bigger than normal. Took loads of photos of water.
Went out onto the jetty close to the bottom of the falls (devils throat) and got soaked, but didn´t quite make it to the end!! Not so good as it was not warm.

We saw some wildlife, lots coates, look like racoons a little, very cute and not shy. They´ll steal anything on you or in your hand.

Went back to our room after a good and tiring day. Went out for some food and a couple of beers for Andy (40p each).
Then went back and crashed out.




Advertisement



23rd September 2005

The waterfalls look awesome! I look forward to your log and pictures, keep them coming.
23rd September 2005

Very jealous
Hey Mel, It's been a while (5 yrs or so) but am glad you kept me on your email as I thoroughly enjoy your tales of south america! it sounds and looks fab and much more exciting than law school. keep enjoying yourselves and keep updating your site! Soph xxx

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb