Foz do Iguazu - Brazil


Advertisement
Published: January 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
Foz de Iguazu

The falls in Iguazu were breath-taking! We decided since we were so close, we could manage the 5-6 hour drive to the east coast of the country, head into Brazil and visit the Falls. It was so amazing and gorgeous. We had heard about taking a boat and getting dipped by the falls, so we decided that we were going to do it. We thought it was going to cost us about $40, but we were wrong - more like $75! Oh well, it was so worth it. We traveled through a protected forest and were taken to an area where the company we were with had a bunch of speed boats. We put on our life jackets and boarded the boat. We started by driving through the rapids and stopped to take some pictures. Then the boat kept getting closer and closer to the falls. I got to the point where I could no longer keep my eyes open, there was so much water. Before we knew it we were completely drenched and being dunked under the massive water falls. It was such a surreal feeling and so great. Cristina, Robyn and I were all sitting together and each time we went under the falls we held each others hands and made a wish.

After our great ride, I was smart enough to bring extra clothes and changed. We then walked around the park. I have been to Niagara before and this was nothing like it. Granted, when I was at Niagara it was in the winter and there was snow and ice everywhere, but beyond that, Niagara had a very commercialized feel to it. Iguazu was nothing like that. The nature of the place over took anything else.

The day that we were there was a beautiful sunny day. The mist from the falls was reacting with the light and a rainbow had formed. Both ends of the rainbow were right there in front of me! I had found a pot of gold. And that is exactly what it felt like. I mentioned this story to a friend and was told that it was a sign that I was in the right place, doing the right thing. All I know is that it was absolutely incredible.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



8th January 2009

Falls
Wow incredible You do get around cheers Alf.

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb