River snorkelling in Bonito


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Mato Grosso do Sul » Bonito
June 25th 2009
Published: June 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Bonito is a small 1 street town which is geared up to the tourists but it is still pretty nice. As we are in the low season it was like a ghost town.

We booked on a trip snorkelling which takes you 2.5km down a crystal clear river and has lots of colourful fish. After a short truck ride there was a 40 minute trek through the wilderness and we saw a Capuchin monkey playing around and some of the guys ate termites which apparently tasted like peanuts!

The current was strong in the river so you didnĀ“t need to swim at all ' just let the current take you down the river at a very nice pace. I am so glad for my waterproof camera in situations like this and i got some good photos and videos.

There was a slight faster part of the river and we whooshed over rocks like it was a washing amchine and that was the funniest part.

The small river joins another and the water became cooler andvisibility decreased slightly so we just had a swim and made our way to the end.

Back at the farm there was an organic all you can eat buffet and we lazed about in hamocks - i think this is definitely my favourite spot so far1

That evening we went for drinks with our local guide and the hotel workers and after a nice bar we hit a local Samba dance clu where we tried our best to learn the rhythm but failed miserably compared to the lcoals!




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb