Salvador/Bahian Beaches


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia
April 27th 2007
Published: April 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We were very excited about going to Bahia. I heard such amazing things about the beaches, music, culture, historic buildings etc.

We arrived first in Salvador and were a little shell shocked at the size of the city and the poverty since we had been in small fishing villages for most of our traveling.

We decided to check out Pelourinho which is the historic district that the city has tried really hard to clean up and restore. The buildings were beautiful but the poverty and begging was overwhelming especially if you are a blonde. We were harrassed constantly which definitely took away from our experience in Salvador.

We then went North to the beaches of Imbassai and Praia de Forte. They were nice but not as beautiful as we had seen in the Northeast. We were still searching for the perfect beach and found it in Morro de Sao Paulo.

Finally, we ended our Bahain stay in Morro De Sao Paulo. Beautiful, tropical island that is great to visit during the off season like we did where there are a lot less people and everything is really reasonably priced. It was a great place to end our month long adventure.

The positives of Bahia were definitely the people, food, music, capoeira and beaches.
The poverty though was definitely hard to swallow.

We are now in Rio and will be here until we leave on April 22nd. See everyone soon!!

Liz and Cristiano.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Walking  MorroWalking  Morro
Walking Morro

We walked all of the beaches in Morro today. Most of the time we were the only ones on the beach or in the water
Our last backpacking adventureOur last backpacking adventure
Our last backpacking adventure

We had a great trip. We feel very fortunate that we have been able to see soo many amazing places in Brazil!


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb