Amazonas, Brazil


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Amazonas
September 23rd 2008
Published: October 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sept 21

AMAZONA, Brazil

We boarded the river cruiser at the pier at our hotel to start our 6 nights cruising the Rio Nergro River. As you might expect it is very hot here with a “little” humidity ( about 98 % )

Our trip will include 6 nights on the river on the Tucano, which has 18 passengers, two guides, two cooks and a crew of 4. We started in Manaus and will spend 5 days going up stream on the Rio Negro to the Rio Jauaperi River and then come back to and past Manaus to the meeting of the Rio Negro and the Solimoes rivers that become the main Amazon River. Alice and I will miss the actual meeting of the rivers as we will leave the ship one day early to make flight connections.

Our first day was cruising the river and getting to know the crew and other passengers and enjoying the fantastic wilderness along the Rio Negro.

I think we are going to like this small vessel. We paid a little extra for a larger room and were very comfortable. Some other rooms were small ( but comfortable ) all with individual A/C, private baths ( in all you could shower while on the liew ), and decent beds.

Our first day we travelled into and past a very large archipelago on the way up river and were kind of “blown away” by the sheer size and scope of this river system. In the evening we took a night trip on the canoes ( powered ) into the small rivers and back waters to get a great nighttime experience in the river and the rain forest. This is going to be FUN !!!

We finished the day with a reminder that we will all be up at 05:30 everyday for the start of our morning canoe trips into the jungle lakes and streams before breakfast. It sounds like we are going to have a very busy adventure on the Tucano.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb