Santiago to Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia
May 1st 2011
Published: May 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Blog.


So, as i was lazy during the first week of our travels, i am slightly behind schedule with my blog. If however you do want to have a look at a fantastic blog (that is Georgia's one!) do look at hers - as our journeys have been the same.
Other than that, here is a little rundown from Santiago de Chile..

Georgia and I arrived sometime after Midday on the 24th of April and checked into our hostel, Hostel Bellavista. I must say as a hostel this was great - full of life, blaring music (constantly!) and the receptionist was basically asleep when we arrived (having to make an effort to get himself off the couch to check us in!). Even though we were in the worst room possible (right next to the main street which was embedded with yelling until around 4.30 am every night!) was a good choice of location. Barrio Bellavista is a bustling little neighbourhood within the city itself. Georgia and I decided to become locals and buy ourselves a metro card which became our new best friend. The next few days were filled with a 'free walking tour' around the city, where Felippe, our guide, showed us around the cities many backstreets, churches, and informed us with his very extensive historic knowledge of the city and took us to taste our first Pisco Sour - a horrible tasting traditional drink which was made from egg white, 40% grape liquor and lemon.
But generally speaking, the week was filled with visiting art galleries, climbing the hill to the Virgin Mary, a visit to the Parliament house, and we had a chance to explore its fantastic underground gallery which had an exposition displaying hand made works by village people affected in the recent earthquake and tsunami - supporting them and raising funds to rebuild their villages.
We also visited Valparaiso - a visually astounding seaside town with its inhabitants densely populated in colourful little houses stretching across the side of the hill.

I suppose that is a slight recap of our week in Santiago.

Now though, we have arrived in La Paz, Bolivia, where we will explore not only the city but the countryside as well.. and hopefully for your sake, my blog will be more detailed! Just have to wait a few days until we do something interesting..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb