Samaipata


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia
February 21st 2005
Published: February 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

phew. this is a lot of travelblogging. i´m tired. i´ll make this one quick.

after 15 hours on my bus cama (a kickass bus with about 5 feet between you and the seat in front of you where you can lay completely flat like in first class on a plane) i arrived at 530am in samaipata, a touristy town in eastern bolivia just outside santa cruz. chrissy and jason were supposed to meet me out there, but i didn´t see them, so i lugged my shit into town from the side of the highway into a hostel. i was tired. later, i ran into chrissy and she told me that she had indeed been waiting there at 5am right next to where i was. we were just too retardedly tired to realize.

we proceeded to do what any respectable group of pcvs does when together, drink big beers and a bottle of wild turkey. i´m not a fan of the pavo silvestre, but i partook nonetheless and found myself drinking for several hours more that night as i was ¨bolearing¨ a huge wad of coca in my mouth. with coca you can keep going far longer than you could
Nightime partying in SamaipataNightime partying in SamaipataNightime partying in Samaipata

We were at a pcv, juancito´s, house which is the best peace corps pad i have ever seen. it was almost like a real house in the states.
without. its a great party-study-other aid. it was a great night of compartiring stories and relaxing.

having crashed at around 4am, we got up bright and early for a long hike through the amboró national park near samaipata. a shitty truck ride got us there and we hiked around in the rain, got soaking wet, and enjoyed very nice scenery.

then it was a long taxi ride into santa cruz for some more peace corps goodtimes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb