Uyuni to La Paz


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia
January 12th 2010
Published: January 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately Bolivia feels like a big blur due to us not feeling very well but here is a little outline of what we did and the cities we visited:

From Uyuni we then took a long (7 hours) and bumpy bus ride through the mountains to Potosi. Potosi suddenly appeared out of nowhere it’s a city with many narrow winding roads. Potosi is known for its silver mines but unfortunately both Steve and I were not feeling well so we spent a very relaxed time in Potosi. After Potosi we then went to Sucre.

Sucre is known as the white city of Bolivia due to the material from which the buildings are made. Sucre is very beautiful it used to be the capital of Bolivia but now La Paz is the official capital. We spent our few days just wandering calmly around the town, following the local advice of “taking things easy and slow” with the altitude! We walked up to the Mirador which gives a good view of Sucre. At the Mirador we also took some pictures in our Santa hats! We decided to take a plane to La Paz, with Steve and I not feeling well the last thing we felt like doing was taking yet another bus ride!

La Paz is a crazy city! Anyone who has been to Hanoi- Vietnam just imagine that mess but with cars and big scary buses!!!! We stayed in a very central hotel which was good we were close to the witch market (where they sell dried up llama fetuses and weird things like that) and also the shops and stall market streets. We did an organized city tour because it’s a huge city and didn’t have enough time to do it all ourselves. In the city tour we went to see the valley of the moon which is an area with lots of weird rock formations made from the wind, we also went to see the Cathedral and the presidential palace. The tour in itself was not that good but it still gave a little idea of the city. The next activity we wanted to do was the death road…more about that in my next entry!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb