Bolivia I


Advertisement
Published: May 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

(I made this Blog entry down in Lima with a faster internet connection. Therefore enthusiastically I uploaded many many fotos... 😊

BOLIVIA

After a 20 hours busride from Sao Paulo to Corumba, we crossed the border on 27th of April in the morning. This was honestly like stepping from one world into the other from one moment to the other.

We only spent one afternoon in the border-village Quijarro, where we somehow managed to watch the Champions-league-final... with some difficulties. In the evening we went on a bumpy train-ride to Santa Cruz. Interesting , but exhausting. We spent one day and one night in rainy Santa Cruz in order to go on to 2700m high Sucre on May 29th.

This busride was actually one of the worst we ever had. 12hrs bumpy overnight in a really bad bus plus 4hrs delay made us really screwed. However, afterwards we spent two nice days and nice in the nice city. Sucre is a world heritage city, and the walls of thou houses in the inner city are kept white all the time.

On Monday June 1st we ascended on to 4100m high Potosi in a nice and comfortable 3hrs busride. The once really famous and rich silver-mine-city Potosi is reportedly the highest city in the world - depending on the definition of city by its size of course. Due to the altitude we were a bit tired the next day and - yes, it really feels like a hangover after a long night 😉

Our next goal would have been the Salt Dessert of Uyuni, but unfortunately we had to skip this beautiful landscape due to a strike with road blocks on the streets to Uyuni for several days. So we went on first to only to Omaru (hoping the roads were gonna be open again) and then on to the capital La Paz.

All in all, with some complications, we had a great time travelling through the first part of Bolivia!

Greets


Additional photos below
Photos: 121, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0799s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb