Day 45 - Double Room for 4 Quid


Advertisement
Published: May 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

On arrival in Santa Cruz the contrast with Sucre was immediately apparent: multi-lane traffic (always more than the road intended), an extremely busy nature and a VERY hot muggy atmosphere! We jumped in the first taxi.. no wing mirrors and a smashed front windscreen... and held on for the white knuckle ride to the hostel. Ambar backpackers hostel was one of the true bargains of our trip, 4 quid for a double room!

Soph and I decided to have a quick lie down, and woke up 3 hours later! Despite being adjacent to the Primer Anillo, with horns beeping at least every second. Not a lot to see in Santa Cruz, and with the weather too hot to move, we spent the afternoon chilling in the plaza between pizza for lunch and a trip to the supermarket to buy dinner, 3 pounds 60 for food for dinner and breakfast... definitely a cheap day!

The plaza, similar to that of Sucre, also had men playing chess and an alarming army of money exchange touts which at one point had tensions escalate into a full blown yelling match between them.

Sophie was extremely distracted by and attracted to the numerous cake and dessert cafes, but unfortunately did not have the appetite for them... maybe on our return from Samaipata, our real destination.

How Sophie Sees It

Highlight of the day for me was an airing of Mmbop in the restaurant where we had lunch. Oh how I miss La Rocca!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 22; qc: 88; dbt: 0.0754s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb