Bolivia: Tupiza - Salar de Uyuni


Advertisement
Published: September 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

12/03 to 18/03/13 - Tupiza - Salar de Uyuni




We started our tour for Salar de Uyuni: 4 days trip / 3 nights with Alessandro Adventure Travel.

We paid a bit more than through other agencies but the difference was in the fact that we weren't following other fellow travelers or at the same place than other jeeps. The places we went to were incredible and the landscape was always changing.



1st day: We started a 8.00am. We were 2 couples in the Jeep, our guide and driver Zolando and our great cook Noemie. We pass through the Valley El Sillar with natural red rock formation, San Antonio Ruins which is a nice place made of stone and used to be a miners villages, we saw the Morejon lake at 4850m about see level and spend the night in Quetena at 4200m.

2nd day: We started the day at 8.00am to see the Laguna Hedionda, and Chalviri with lots of Flamingos. Then we relaxed at the hot springs and had lunch before heading to the Dali Desert (not that exiting and lost some time there as we had to comprise with the other couple who where very interested by those rocks). Therefore we missed the great light on the red Laguna (Laguna Colorado). We finish the day by the geysers at 5000m and spend the night at Villa Mar.

3rd day: another start at 8.00 am and went through Valle de Rocas, Hedionda Lake, the train cemetery and drive to Colchani where we spend the night in salt hostel.

4th day: wake up early to see the sunrise on the Salar and had breakfast there. The lights are great and the pics very funny. We saw men working salt (they earn very little for their had work). We also catch a Guinea pig - we think he lost himself during the night in the Salar and couldn't find his way out in this white desert!

Final lunch at the hostel before returning to Uyuni and catching a ride to Potosi.

In total we drove 1000 km at more than 4000m above see level.

n.b: the green lagoon is not green anymore due to a seisme so not worth the look.


Additional photos below
Photos: 141, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb