Day 218 Bolivia, La Paz


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
June 24th 2015
Published: June 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hey,



We went for our free breakfast about 8.45am, then went back to bed for the rest of the morning. We booked to stay here longer because we were in long need of a rest with some lie-ins. This hotel is not the best- cold showers, gaps in the window so the room was freezing all day and night, the beds dipped massively so we were on top of each other most of the night and the door takes all Neil’s strength to hold the door up and in to move the lock across, so I have to ask him every time to let me out.



We finished the left over pizza for lunch and then headed out for a short walk in the afternoon. We walked around the Witches Market, (if you blink you will miss it though) there are only a few stalls and they all sell the same thing, but its still worth seeing the baby/fetus llamas hanging and the magic potions to improve your sex life and the rest. (No Neil doesn’t need them :P)



In the evening we went to this English Pub for food, which came with a free Gin and lemonade. The food was so good compared to what we have been having.

I had a delicious chicken and mushroom pie and mash and Neil and a massive steak with chips and pepper sauce, it was only £5 a meal and well worth spoiling ourselves.



Our friend Ben from the Inca trail was in La Paz so he met up with us and we had a few drinks in the English bar. Neil kept getting us free shots, as it was happy hour too. We walked Ben back to his hotel around 10pm, as it’s a bit daunting in La Paz at night by yourself, however we decided to stay for a few more drinks at his Loki party hostel. It was great fun and there were plenty of drinking games going on that were organised by the hostel. We struggled getting home after though because we were both a bit tipsy and couldn’t remember the way. Luckily I had more of a clear head than Neil so I dragged him home (with a lot of difficulty).



Good night.





V&N xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.368s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 69; dbt: 0.1912s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb