Mucking about in La Paz


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
November 28th 2012
Published: December 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After Copacabana the next stop in Bolivia brought us to the country’s largest city; La Paz.



Driving into the bustling city on Wednesday afternoon excitement was in the air, back to city life and the possibility of letting our hair down, some drinks and some dancing for later on that evening. La Paz is a massive sprawling city but the centre is quite easy to navigate as it’s pretty much in a grid system, with each street selling a different product, its fascinating to wander down one road where every shop and stall will be selling kitchen equipment, turn a corner and you’ll be faced with stall after stall of hair products…. Makes shopping very easy!

The hotel was across from a street devoted to fancy dress shops, so it seemed only right that the evening’s dinner should be a dress up affair. Letters picked almost at random gave us the theme for the evening – the letter S for us, J for the other truck staying in the hotel – and we hit the streets of La Paz to find something to wear.



La Paz fancy dress shops are amazing, tiny little cupboard like stores stocked to the rafters with every costume you could imagine…. The street opposite our hotel had a half a dozen of these tiny little shops and as we ducked in and out of them a costume started to form.

A white hat, some blue face paint from the costume shops, 2 pairs of blue tights and a white t-shirt from the clothing market and we were ready for the night ahead.



If you ever get to go out in La Paz dressed as a smurf I highly recommend that you do so, lots of fun, dancing, drinking and silliness was had…… unfortunately days later the blue face paint is still proving hard to totally shift from hairlines and under nails, totally worth it though.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



8th December 2012

Smurfs are us!!
You make a very fetching smurf. Has the blue come off yet, or will you be part smurf for life??

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb