No more Inca Kola... time for Simba


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
September 26th 2009
Published: September 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

CopacabanaCopacabanaCopacabana

stopping in Copacabana for lunch on our way to La Paz
Well lets just say the bus ride from Puno, Peru to La Paz, Bolivia was quite an adventure on its own! Fortunately, the bus company we took was recommended and taken by many tourists so we weren´t scared. Well to start off, we stopped at Copacabana as expected. But what we didn´t expect was switching to a much smaller bus and making an extra stop. I still don´t know what city or area we stopped at but they told us to get off the bus, buy a ticket for the boat, and take the boat accross the lake where we would be picked up. While we did that, our bus drove onto a platform that floated across the lake. The bus picked us up and continued driving to La Paz. Oh yea, I shouldn´t forget to mention that they also picked up random people along the way. This is not abnormal for a bus but it was kind of interesting to see this happen when the bus never stops and just keeps moving. It was kind of sketchy and our bus full of tourists were quite confused you can imagine. Anyways, we arrived at La Paz safely. Wohoo!

My first
Our busOur busOur bus

our bus gets its own boat ride across the lake
impression of La Paz: CHAOTIC. Kind of reminds me of Beijing... hustling and bustling, crazy traffic, and a lot of people. I think Lydia and I agreed that La Paz is more chaotic. We have just been walking around as there are lots of markets here. People have been friendly and the food has been quite delicious so far. We pretty much just order food that look and smell good if we can´t decifer what it is. Since there´s no Inca Kola here, we decided to try another soft drink that we had never seen or heard of... Simba. It was quite delicious... ¨tastes like jello with fizz¨ as per Lydia.

Well what´s next for us? We´ve booked a 3 day tour to the Pampas which we didn´t really plan for but we´re excited. FINALLY.... WARMTH! We´ll be trekking, fishing for pirhana, hunt for anacondas, watch wildlife, see plantations and swim with dolphins. That´s what we´re expecting but I guess we´ll see what happens!

- Myra


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

La PazLa Paz
La Paz

Sprawling city of La Paz from a look out point


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb