Nada,Zero,Zilch,Nothing,Zip


Advertisement
Published: May 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So the night before i met Jimmy this english guy and his friends and they were planning to go to the San Pedro prison the next day and id invited myself along...lol.

I was up fairly early and spent most of the morning waiting for the internet and then followed by waiting for the travel desk so i could book the Gravitiy Assisted mountian bike trip down the worlds most dangerous road.
I finally got to speak to the travel agency guy and booked up the trip for the next day and it skinned me 570 bolivanos, however if your going to do the worlds most dangerous road you want decent guides and equipment and its worth payig a bit more i think, also id heard really good things about Gravitity.

With that booked i took a wander around some local markets and checked out the exteriors of some churches and colononial buildings, it did not take long and then i got back and watched a movie and then the jimmy and the others were ready and we hailed two taxis to take us to San Pedro and the one i was in broke down and the others sailed past and we then hailed another. To get into the prison you have to bribe the guards and we tried both gates and they were not for letting us in and advised us to try mana or in english tomorrow.

So we then went to a cafe and it was the one i needed to go to next morning to meet up for my Gravitity trip, so that was handy.

Aome them had empanadas and one girl ruth had cake and she couldnt manage it all and i had some, we chatted for a good while and then we took a walk looking for a razor for myself, socks for the irish guy clive and Jimmy wanted sun block, on the way Jimmy and some of the others booked a trip down the most dangerous road with a cheap company, about half what i paid, but i knew i was going with a better company.

I managed to get a razor and it was not cheap as it was more than what i pay for my room per night, but after having not shaved for over a month and having a beard, i felt like being clean shaven again at some stage this week.

Jimmy and the others went for a meal and id put down for the veggie lasagna at the hostel and so i eat and watched a movie and then went and got my stuff sorted for the next day and decided to have an early night, but others had other ideas, this Israeli guy in my room came in 5 times during the night and messed about with his bag and put the light on arghhhhhh and this girl with a bed next to me brought the irish barman into her bed and he snored all night like a wounded animal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb