La Paz And Beyond


Advertisement
Published: May 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So after my rude awakening i did not get back to sleep and instead stayed in bed for a while longer and then went to have a shower and the water was freezing which was fun as i was full of snot and a sore throat. I then went and grabbed a new de_orderant and grabbed a bottle of water and when i got back to the hostel Soren was there and he was the Danish guy i had met in Patagonia and he was looking to move hostels and i told him to steer clear of the hostel i was in. It is called the cactus hostel, so if in La Paz give it a wide berth.

Ao Soren was there with some girls he had been traveling with and so we went up the road for a drink and caught up on were we had both been and then we said our goodbyes and i went back to check out and meet up with Chris.

One of the girls with Soren said that the next day was mayday and the would be no busses and so i would need to get the Unyi bus before tomorrow so no extra day to rest in La Paz. I met Chris and he needed to get cash out over the counter as he had lost his atm card and needed to get cash out on his credit card and so we went there first and then we headed to Gravity assisted and Chris booked a moutain bike trip called the Ghost ride and this company also does the death road.

We headed to the bus station and the tourist bus was full and so i paid 80 bolivanos for a ticket on the 7pm local bus and we then headed to the Loki dostel and i made a reservation for the 5th May for when im back from the Salt Flats and Chris checked if he had got a bed in Loki and he had and he went to check out of the old hostel and we arranged to meet in an english bar called Olivers travels and i headed to the pub and met Dave and his friend and they worked behind the bar at the Loki cusco and had just arrived in La paz and were stopping at the Wild Rover and so we had a good chat and then i ordered food which took nearly an hour, so not exactly fast service.

Then the match started betweeen Chelsea and Liverpool in the chamiopns league and i had a few beers with Chris and chatted to these aussie girls, as Dave and his friend headed to there hostel for a knap, it was a good game and as usual a few football hoolugans·knobs were present and then when the game was finished chris went to the Loki and we said to keep in touch and i headed back to the hostel to get my stuff out of storage and head to the bus station.

I got to the station and the bus was mainly gringos and the provided blankets which was a help as it got cold on the way and i had a fat smelly bolivan sat next to me, for part of the journey i spoke to this english girl and a group of french travelers and some of the journey i tried to sleep, Im wondering if i will ever get proper sleep in south america?

The bus arrived in Unyi and as reports from others had told me, it was a right hole and i did not want to end up with the wrong jeep tour and a spotted a group of travellers and asked if i could tag along.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0887s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb