The road to La Paz


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
March 17th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Lake Titicaca


The travelling nunsThe travelling nunsThe travelling nuns

We knew we'd be safe with these ladies on our bus!
Today was quite a significant day for us as we were leaving Peru and entering Bolivia. We felt sad to leave Peru as it was the first stop on a travels and we have had such an amazing adventure there. Our bus was not direct to La Paz, the capital of Bolivia. We had to make a stop in Copacabana, which lay on the Bolivian boarder. There was some joyous singing from Dom as well as Bex, whatever he may say! We also shared our bus with about 30 nuns. Dom was itching to take a photo but thought it may be inappropriate…until..one very friendly nun whipped out the most enormous camcorder and started filming us!

The journey was really amusing. At one point we had to cross part of Lake Titicaca on a speed boat. What we weren’t expecting was to see our huge bus, just about, floating on what looked like a wooden raft! When we got to the boarder we got off the bus and walked across it.

When we eventually got to La Paz we met up with our Swiss friend Franci, whom we were going to do the Salt Lake Tour with, and our friend Ollie, who just happened to be there. We were a bit overwhelmed by La Paz. It was huge, but parts of it very poor. Near the Plaza it appeared a little like a giant market.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb