sleeping rough!


Advertisement
Published: May 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we got the bus form Rurrenabaque to Yolossa, on the way to Corrorico. Yolossa is only about half an hour form Corrorico and when we booked our tickets we were assured that we would be able to get another bus or a taxi for the last part of the journey. Well, we arrived at 2.30am instead of midnight, tired and grouchy, especially as one of Jamies flip flops had fallen from where it was wedged down the side of the seat and disappeared off down the bus, especially unhelpful as they are his last remaining shoes! Unsuprisingly there were no taxis or busses anywhere to be seen.

We walked for a little way in each direction, and knowcked on the door of a very closed hostel, then decided that the only choice was to wait till morining. We chained our bags to the benches outside the police station and got in our sleeping bags, and even managed to get a few hours sleep. It was pretty cold though! The policeman on duty seemed completely unpeturbed by us!

This morning we got a lift in a truck to Corrorico, the only busses were school busses that wouldnt let us on. Once here we found the first place with a bed and slept until about an hour ago!

xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0788s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb