At the other Copacabana


Advertisement
Published: April 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Copacabana - 17th to the 19th of March



We left Puno on the 2.30pm bus on Paddy's Day to cross the border to Bolivia. It wasn't ideal, we knew it would be better craic in La Paz but we wanted to see Copacabana too. So we were really hoping that Copacabana would be fun and that we could celebrate our national holiday! Sadly, although the three of us had a nice time, there wasn't much in the way of Paddy's Day celebrations in the town.

The border crossing was painless and we arrived in Copacabana ten minutes late. We walked back and forth between two hostels and finally settled in a hostel for 15 Bolivians each for a room for the three of us. We quickly got ready and went in search of food and alcohol and a party. We found the first two but the party was missing.

The next day, we got the boat to Isla Del Sol, the birth place of the Incas and spent oh all of 45minutes there. And two hours on the boat either way! Poor Caroline - two days spent on boats and she gets seasick!

That evening, we had a lovely dinner sitting on some funny reed boat seats and we left early the next day for La Paz.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0789s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb