Bolivia


Advertisement
Published: March 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

We had a fantastic few days in Bolivia. We flew into La Paz (the highest capital city in the world) expecting to suffer from altitude sickness which seems an inherent part of travelling throughout the Andes but luckily neither of us seemed to be affected by it, we were more shocked by the cold temperatures and the fact that our tans may fade over the next few days!!

We stayed in a fantastic hotel in the centre of La Paz, surrounded by the main tourist attraction, the incredible Witches market, which seemed to sell anything you could ever want. It was more a market for locals rather than tourists, but was great to get a real insight into the Bolivian culture. We only spent one full day in La Paz and spent that pottering around the markets that seemed to sprawl over half of the city, buying warm weather gear for the next few weeks ahead!

The following day we travelled to Copacabana (certainly not the beach in Rio) which is on the edge of Lake Titicaca. The scenery here was absolutely fantastic, we had a perfect view of the lake from our hotel window and the town was surrounded by mountains. We took a boat trip from there to Isla de Sol (where the Incas believe that the sun was born), to visit various Inca ruins and to see the breathtaking views of Lake Titicaca that surrounded the island.

Love,

Kathy and Phil x x








Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb