A restful getaway along a lakeside - Lake Titicaca


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » Copacabana
November 14th 2006
Published: November 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After a very long and hard week on the Inca Trail, it was definitely time for some rest and relaxation and where better to lay my feet up than on one of the worlds biggest and highest lakes side of Lake Titicaca in Bolivia.

Before settling on the lake, a dodgy overnight bus journey from Cusco to Puno and over the boarder onto Bolivia sadly saw a somewhat disappointing farewell to Peru. The so-called tourist bus turned into a local bus where Peruvians were getting on and off on several stops and sleeping in the aisles. We worked out later that this was the perfect opportunity for locals to find their next black market trading goods - a bus full of tourist mobile phones and cameras!

(For any travellers reading this, ensure your baggage is always on your lap on overnight buses, even then be aware they also slash bags whilst you’re asleep so try not to sleep! Best thing to do is to try your best to travel on tourist buses only)

The disappointment slowly faded once we reached Copacobana...

Copacobana is a small village with a population of 54,000, which rests along Lake Titicaca. It was 3 days spent indulging in spectacular views on our hillside lodge with the added pleasure of celebrating Lou´s 26th birthday. Gareth kindly surprised both Louise and l with the honeymoon suite lodge for our birthdays (the look on the guys face when he saw Gaz and 2 girls checking in to the ´honeymoon suite´ was pretty funny, l think he wanted to give Gaz a high five brother!). The Trout was fresh, the wine was familiar and enjoyable and everything about our stay was just bliss.... did l mention the views were amazing already?!

Most travellers’ stop at Lake Titicaca, Copacobana is fantastic for 3 or 4 days of relaxation. There is still plenty of opportunity to hike up mountains, a stay on Isla Del Sol is recommended along with the 3hr hike from north to south of the island. The views from every angle of Copacobana are great! Highly recommend staying at La Cupola and definitely ask to stay in the ´honeymoon suite´ you won’t be disappointed.

NB: Photos will be added in a few weeks time.


Advertisement



21st November 2006

Hey, where is that hot girl Chelsea?? Post more photos of her!!!!

Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0689s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb